At 7,146 feet elevation, Teasdale lies at the foothills of the northern slope of Boulder Mountain, overlooking the colorful ridges of Capitol Reef National Park. The town was established in 1870 at the intersection of Bulberry Creek and the Fremont River, and is named for LDS Apostle George Teasdale, a member of the Quorum of Twelve. The tiny, unincorporated community has a post office, fire station, restaurant and multiple lodging options. The offices of the Dixie National Forest Services are also located here. There are no gas stations or grocery stores, however Teasdale’s location just off of Highway 24, about five miles southwest of the gateway town of Torrey, makes it a convenient base for exploring Capitol Reef National Park, Rabbit Valley and nearby attractions. Local sites include the Teasdale Cultural Hall, built in 1917 with local red rock and modeled after the Temple Square Tabernacle in Salt Lake City; and the historic Nielson Grist Mill.